Thursday, October 24, 2013

DIY Button Garland

I had originally done one strand of garland for my DIY tree, my plan is to have three strands of garland vertically on the front of the tree.  But my original didn't make me super happy.  I decided I wanted garland that was all buttons!  Michaels had two bags of mismatched buttons in silvers, bronzes, and golds.




  I took some of the twine I've been using for the ornaments and measured out from the top of the tree to the bottom, cutting three strands.  If the buttons had a hoop on the back I just pulled the twine through and glue gunned them in place, if the button just had holes I glue gunned the less-pretty side on to the twine.  Ignore the old post office box I use has a craft table, my space is a bit limited.
Little Bear made sure I made every move perfectly.  I think she gets a little jealous of my craft sessions.










The final result was amazing!  I'm so happy with how it turned out.  I think it will look great with the lights from the tree reflecting off the buttons.


No comments:

Post a Comment